- No comments
A sunset is the time in the evening when the sun disappears or daylight fades. After you’ve had a fun filled day enjoying the island, watching a sunset is the best way to wind down and relax. You are in for a special treat if you have a chance to experience a Maui sunset. It’s free admission to a nightly show that seems to happen on cue. When the sun sets it’s like time stands still and all the worries in the world are put on pause so you can enjoy the beauty that happens right in front of you. The colors that the sun creates again the sky can be truly amazing so take advantage of this view and appreciate it. You can even spot surfers passing up waves to watch the sunset and if you weren’t able to see it in person you can see the beauty you missed on social media.
Best Places to Watch Sunsets
1. Haleakala Summit. Famous for its breathtaking sunrise, the summit offers views from the Big Island to Moloka’i (almost all of Maui) that are just as fabulous at sunset. When the summit is above the clouds you will see explosive orange colors and pastel pinks that appear to be floating on a sea of white.
2. Keawakapu Beach. Pick any beach in Kihei for a prime sunset-watching viewpoint. There’s a hidden stretch of beach in Keawakapu that is almost always free of crowds. There’s a perfect angle where the sun hits the beach in just the right way and reflects off the smooth wet sand.
3. Lahaina Pali Trail. This is considered the best place on Maui to catch the sunset. The only problem is that it’s difficult to get to. There’s a 15-minute hike from the Ukumehame trailhead with a 500-vertical foot climb. You will have a panoramic view over the white-capped ocean. Just make sure you bring a flashlight for the walk back down.
4. Kahekili Beach Park. It’s a simple as grabbing a beach chair and a cold drink to catch this sunset. This beach faces due west with a surrounding grassy park and towering palm trees to create the perfect location for a spectacular view. You can also take a sunset stroll along the mile-long beach.
5. Aboard a Gemini Tradewind Sunset Sail! You can add to the beauty of a sunset when you experience it on a boat as the sunlight reflects on the water. You can experience the view of West Maui bathed in twilight, a rainbow stretching over Ka’anapali, or a full moon rising over Mauna Kahalawai to complement the setting sun.
Maui Tradewind Sunset Sails in Honolua Bay, Lahaina, Ka’anapali Beach, Turtle Town in Olowalu, Molokai, Lanai, & West Maui, Hawaii
Some of the most beautiful sunsets in the world can be seen right here in Maui and the very best way to see them is on a Gemini Maui Tradewind Sunset Sails cruise! Our 64’ catamaran provides a relaxing way to watch a show that only nature can provide. Visit our website to book your reservation today!